Cotecna India recently extended a financial support to Karunya Trust. Karunya Trust is a multi-religious non-governmental organization formed in May 1998 registered under Bombay Public Trust Act 1950.
- Karunya Trust partners for the development of the society with children at its core.
- It aims at providing a safety net to thousands of vulnerable children deprived of basic necessities and developmental opportunities.
- It caters to needy children irrespective of caste, creed and religion. A major thrust is to develop new programmes for overall development of the children through educational, vocational and health facilities.
- The Trust devotes its efforts to the financial development of the family through vocational and income generation programmes
The money donated by Cotecna will be utilized to fulfil the objective of Savli Project which is listed below:
- To provide the children with educational support and to create a better alternative to keep them away from work /drop out
- To provide supplementary nutrition and emergency household services.
- To facilitate mental health of the children and their families by providing psycho-social support
- To create awareness among the families and the community about their rights and entitlements